Dr. Liao is proud to be an elite provider of Invisalign! ®
Dental Associates of Lodi provides Invisalign® treatments in Lodi, NJ. Call us today at 862-247-8030 to learn more and schedule your appointment.
Since 1997, Invisalign® has been tagged as “the clear alternative to braces.” Using a series of custom-made aligners, created from smooth, nearly invisible, clear plastic, Invisalign® gently shifts your teeth into the desired position. Since there are no metal brackets or wires, you will not experience the cuts, scrapes, and pokes that are common with braces. You can pop out your aligner to eat your favorite foods, and to brush and floss your teeth as normal. Best of all, you will change aligners at home every two weeks or as directed, and only need to come into the office once every four to six weeks. And if you have a special event coming up, you don’t worry about braces showing up in the photos.
Things to Remember
- Use your fingers to put your aligners place. First, place the aligners over your front teeth and then use your fingers to push the aligner down gently over your molars.
- When aligners are correctly inserted, they will fit all the way down on the teeth, with no space between the top of the aligners and the top of the teeth. Aligners will fit tightly at first but should fit well at the end of the two week period.
- Keep aligners in except when flossing, brushing or eating. It’s also best to remove the aligners when drinking warm beverages such as coffee or tea.
- Remove the aligner by pulling it off both sides of your back teeth simultaneously then lifting it off of your front teeth.
- Place your aligners in the case we provided any time they are not being worn.
- Clean aligners with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Wear each set of aligners for two weeks unless our office directs you to vary from this schedule.
- Wear aligners in the correct numerical order. (Each aligner is labeled by number and with a U or an L to designate upper or lower.)
- Keep all of your old aligners and bring them to your orthodontic appointments.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid placing your aligners in or on a napkin or tissue. Many aligners have accidentally been thrown out this way!
- Do not use your teeth to “bite” your aligners into place.
- If you have pets, do not place your aligners anywhere that your pets can reach them. Pets are attracted to saliva and would enjoy chewing on your Invisalign® trays!
- Do not use Denture cleaner, alcohol, or bleach to clean your aligners.
- Do not use boiling water or warm water on your aligners.
- Do not chew gum with your aligners in.
- It would be best not to smoke while wearing aligners. The smoke can stain the aligners as well as your teeth.
If you are in Lodi, and are ready to learn more about how Invisalign® can improve your smile, please call Dental Associates of Lodi today at (8620 247-8030) to schedule your initial free consultation.
We have compiled a series of “before” and “after” photo cases for your information.