Invisalign Clear Aligners
in Bergen County, NJ
The Dental Associates of Lodi provides Invisalign services in Bergen County, NJ. Call 862-247-8030 to schedule your Invisalign consultation.
Since 1997, Invisalign has been tagged as “the clear alternative to braces.” Using a series of custom-made aligners, created from smooth, nearly invisible, clear plastic, Invisalign gently shifts your teeth into the desired position. Since there are no metal brackets or wires, you will not experience the cuts, scrapes, and pokes that are common with braces. You can pop out your aligner to eat your favorite foods, and to brush and floss your teeth as normal. Best of all, you will change aligners at home every two weeks or as directed, and only need to come into the office once every four to six weeks. And if you have a special event coming up, you don’t worry about braces showing up in the photos
Why Choose Dental Associates of Lodi for Invisalign in Bergen County ?
At Dental Associates of Lodi, we love Invisalign because it is a simple dental appliance that can straighten your teeth without the hassle or discomfort of brackets and wire. Did you know that straightening your alignment with Invisalign has been proven to be 50% faster than with outdated, traditional methods that rely on brackets and wires?
Our patients love Invisalign, too. They are thrilled that the treatment is much more comfortable than traditional braces that cut the inside of their cheeks. They no longer have to make emergency appointments if a bracket comes loose and can eat whatever they want to without fear of damaging their braces or food getting stuck.
Dental Associates of Lodi provides Invisalign services for both teens and adults. Our knowledgeable staff have a lot of experience with Invisalign and can help professionally guide you through the whole process.
We remove the financial barriers to Invisalign treatment for our patients by offering a variety of payment options that make getting Invisalign more affordable than you may think. This includes monthly payment plans, flexible spending accounts, and dental insurance. Our financial coordinator will work with you to figure out the best way for you to finance Invisalign services. We believe that everyone should be able to afford the beautiful smile they deserve.
Our Invisalign Process: What to Expect
Getting Invisalign from the Dental Associates of Lodi has never been easier. You can expect the following simple process:
- Come in for a complimentary Invisalign consultation
- Discuss payment options with our financial coordinator
- Invisalign aligners are custom made for your teeth
- Replace aligners to help shift teeth slightly into place to create a beautiful smile
We strive to make getting Invisalign as affordable and easy as possible. Contact our professional staff at (862) 247-8030 to make an appointment.
Things to Remember
- To insert your aligners, place them over your front teeth and then push them down onto your molars by gently pressing with your fingers.
- Your aligners will feel tight at first, but as your teeth begin to shift, they’ll feel more comfortable. Correctly inserted aligners will fit all the way down to the base of your teeth; there should be no space between the top of the aligners and your teeth.
- Your aligners only work when you’re wearing them, so keep them in all day long except when you’re eating, drinking warm beverages, brushing, or flossing.
- Removing your aligners can be tricky at first, but you’ll get the hang of it after a few days. Pull them off of both sides of your back molars at the same time and lift.
- We’ll give you a case for your aligners. When you’re not wearing them, place them in your case.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste to clean your aligners.
- Wear your aligners as instructed—usually this is for two weeks, but we may ask you to switch them more or less often depending on your treatment plan.
- Your aligners need to be worn in a specific order indicated by the number on each set. Each aligner will be numbered and have a U or an L to designate upper or lower.
- Don’t throw out your old aligners! Bring them to your appointments with us.
Things to Avoid
- When you need to remove your aligners, don’t place them on a tissue or napkin. You’d be surprised how many aligners end up in the trash this way.
- Don’t bite down with your teeth to put your aligners in.
- Pets love chewing on aligners, so keep them out of reach of cats and dogs.
- Do not use alcohol, bleach, or denture cleaner to disinfect your aligners.
- Do not rinse your aligners with boiling or warm water, as this can cause them to warp.
- Do not chew gum while wearing your aligners.
- Do not smoke while wearing aligners. Cigarette smoke can stain the clear plastic and your teeth too.
Free Consultation for Invisalign in Bergen County
If you are in Paramus, Maywood or Rutherford and are ready to learn more about how Invisalign can improve your smile, please call Dental Associates of Lodi today at 862-247-8030 to schedule your initial free consultation.
We have compiled a series of “before” and “after” photo cases for your information.
How much does Invisalign cost in Bergen County, NJ?
Invisalign cost can range as low as $3300 to $5500. It all depends on the difficulties of the case and the length of the treatment.
Smile Direct or Invisalign better?
Smile Direct is a direct to consumer self-treating aligner product without the supervision of a dentist. Invisalign, however, is delivered by a trained Invisalign certified dentist. Just as braces both systems can correct misaligned teeth. However, Smile Direct is only suited for mild crowding and gaping of teeth. On the other hand, Invisalign can treat a wide range of misaligned teeth and more complex dental issues.
How do I pay for Invisalign?
There are many ways to pay for Invisalign. We pride ourselves on making this investment very affordable. Below is a list of methods to pay for Invisalign:
- Many employer dental plans will have orthodontic benefits which can cover up to $2500 for the treatment. Make sure to check your benefit with your insurance company
- If you have an FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or an HSA (Health Savings Account), you can use that money to pay or put a downpayment for your Invisalign
- Third-party health care financing such as CareCredit, Landing Point and Wells Fargo Health Advantage Card can offer lower monthly payment as low as $95/month.
- In-house financing: A “down payment” of $1000 - $1500 with the rest of the payment is spread out to be paid during the duration of the treatment. This can range from 6 to 10 monthly payments.
Is Invisalign covered by insurance?
In many cases, dental insurance companies will offer once a lifetime have orthodontic coverage to cover Invisalign treatment. The amount of coverage depends from one plan to another. The benefit ranges from $500 to $2500.
How Long Does Invisalign Take To Straighten Teeth?
The treatment time often is determined by how complex the movement of the teeth is. In most cases, Dr. Liao can finish the case in about 10 months. For a mild crowding and gapping case, we can usually complete it in about 6 -7 months. We also offer teeth movement acceleration technique to cut the treatment time by halve. Many people start seeing a difference in their teeth within two to three months of starting to use the aligners.
How painful is Invisalign?
In most cases, patients will have some mild pressure or soreness for the first few days of the treatment. These are normal sensations as the aligner is putting mild pressure on the teeth. We recommend taking some OTC pain medication such as Tylenol to relieve the discomfort if needed. Remember, this pressure will subside as the treatment progresses.
Does Invisalign give you a lisp?
When you first start with your initial Invisalign aligners you may notice a slight lisp to the “s”, “t” and “th” sounds. It is usually normal for the first few days. As you practice more and more - your tongue gets used to the sensation of the clear plastic on the teeth and the lisp goes away.
Can you drink and eat with Invisalign?
Absolutely, you can drink and eat anything you want during the Invisalign treatment. The only thing you should avoid is curry and turmeric food. These ingredients tend to stain Invisalign bright yellow. In such a case, removing the aligner when eating food with curry and turmeric will prevent the stain.
Is it difficult to talk with Invisalign?
No, after a few days of practice, patients can speak with no difficulties. However, practice makes it perfect!
Is Invisalign as good as braces?
With modern technology, Invisalign aligners can deliver faster treatment and predictable results. A doctor can now forecast what your teeth will look like before going through the treatment. This allows the patient to see themself with the new teeth even before committing to the treatment. In general, orthodontic treatment using Invisalign is faster than with traditional braces and gentler on the dentition.
Can I kiss with Invisalign?
Sure! In fact, no one will notice.